Public Notices

RM Facebook

RM Calendar

Tax Notices


In addition to the fees outlined in the checklists below, the provincial Subdivision Regulation requires that land be put aside for public use on any subdivision which is not the first on a quarter section. As the R.M. of Aberdeen does not intend to maintain park spaces all over the municipality, we require that cash-in-lieu of dedicated lands be paid. The amount of cash-in-lieu varies from subdivision to subdivision but is generally 10% of the value of subdivided, un-serviced land. The R.M. of Aberdeen can not waive this fee as it is a requirement of provincial legislation.

For information on completing a subdivision, click the appropriate checklist.

A Discretionary Use Permit may be required as part of the subdividing process.

Development Permits

All new yard sites, new commercial sites, new approaches, and changes to the location of an existing approach require a Development Permit. To apply for a Development Permit, the RM requires the application form be filled out correctly, a site plan, and if a building is going to be built or moved on, a copy of the building plans. The site plan should show the distances of the site from the property lines, any existing structures or bodies of water, the location of driveway, and if known, any utility lines that are on the property. There is a $100 fee for a Development Permit that is due at the time of the application.

Farm Buildings that are exempt from building permits will still require a development permit. The permit is to ensure that all buildings being constructed adhere to the RM's setback requirements. Farm Development Permits will not be charged a fee.

Once the application, fee, and all necessary supplementary documents have been received, it will be reviewed for approval. A site visit by the Councillor of the corresponding division or Road Crew Foreman will be required for all driveway/culvert placements prior to the application being approved. In an effort to speed the process, we recommend contacting the Councillor or Foreman prior to the application being presented to council.

After the Development application has been approved, the Permit will be emailed to the property owner. All buildings being built or moved onto the property will also require a building permit. Applications for a building permit can be submitted once the Development Permit has been approved.

Required at time of application:
- $100 Application Fee
- Completed Development Permit Application
- Site Plan